Appropriate Technology Use
Did you know that each year you sign a “Technology Acceptable Use Agreement”? When you do so, you agree to follow certain guidelines. The main idea is that technology must be used for educational purposes. Here are a few main points you should understand:
- Activities such as playing games, chatting, or surfing the Internet for recreational purposes are
- Students must use their personal accounts when accessing servers, the Internet, etc. Furthermore,
students must keep their personal information private.
- Students may not look at or send material that is threatening, obscene, disruptive, or may be
considered verbal bullying.
- Vandalism, which includes transmitting viruses and attempting to access unauthorized accounts or
others’ documents, will at the very least result in loss of computer or device privileges.
- Students may not download or transfer to district computers or devices programs, graphics, or
other files without prior permission.